Excellent roadmap on becoming a trusted authentic leader. Dr. Stephen Covey’s 13 common behaviors of trusted leaders around the world based on his research:
1. Talk straight. Make it who you are and how you do business.
2. Demonstrate respect. As a leader you must model the behaviors you want on the team.
3. Create transparency. Be the man and be open enough that others can see it.
4. Right wrongs. People ;make mistakes. Find the ones that effect your team and fix it.
5. Show loyalty. Stand up for your people. Umbrella them from all the BS rolling downhill.
6. Deliver results. Work harder than anyone else and get things done on time.
7. Get better. Continuously improve. Do something that makes you better and keep at it.
8. Confront reality. Tell it like it is. Don’t hide from problems or impediments. Face them head on.
9. Clarify expectation. Tell them what you want, Show them what you want. Clear up any misunderstandings.
10. Practice accountability. Hold yourself and others accountable for their performance.
11. Listen first. Keep an open mind. Make sure you fully understand what your team is facing.
12. Keep commitments. Under promise and over deliver.
13. Extend trust. Trust your team. Trust others. Trust yourself. Trust your peers and your superiors.